Monday, January 2, 2012

Surprise!!! Well it’s Monday and yes I’m e-mailing you guys today because our P-day is now on Mondays!!! The mission moved a lot of things around. It’s really different for me not having p-days on Wednesdays now.. also district meetings are on Tuesdays. So today is p-day. Sunday morning I got a phone call and was told that I was going to be training. So that meant I had to be in Curitiba today at a training meeting to become a trainer. My day has been like this. We were suppose to get on a bus at 10 am but one of the sisters made us miss our bus and we had to get the next bus at 11 am. The bus ride was a 2 hour ride and then once in Curitiba we had to get a bus to take us to the mission office. At 2 pm my training started and President explained how we should train the new missionaries for the next 12 weeks. I’m pretty sure after that meeting I was so stressed out and was doubting myself that I would be able to help the new missionary out when he gets here. Not going to lie I’m nervous and scared that I won’t be able to do everything like I should. But then president comforted all of the trainers saying it’s a big responsibility but the lord has chosen us to do this and with this new 12 week program that means I’ll be here in the same area for the next 12 weeks with the same comp. The program is intense and requires extra studding (3 hours every morning and an hour after lunch for language study) for the new missionary and by the end of the 12 weeks he should be able to train a missionary if necessary. WOW! So ya it’s going to be a challenge for me to give the example to this new missionary. At first I was freaked out but now I ready for this. Anyway at 4 pm our meeting ended and we got on a bus at 5:30 pm and came back to our area. So I spent a good 4 hours on a bus with my comp Elder Sodré and two sisters that talked our ears off! They are crazy. So my p-day today really wasn’t a rest or anything for me, but tomorrow my new comp will arrive at the bus station and I’ll pick him up there. I’m not sure if he will be an American or Brazilian yet. I want a Brazilian to train, but there is only 2 Brazilians out of the 9 Americans who will arrive tomorrow. So I’ll probably train an American. I just hope he’s a good missionary. So by tomorrow night I’ll be a daddy!!!! ha-ha but while in Curitiba I saw E. Roberts and he was supper excited to see me, man he’s changed a lot and is a good missionary.!!!! But I sent you a lot of pics. I hope they got to you. If not let me know and I have a lot more to send next week.
But how was New Years? good I hope. Mine was chill and I never have eaten so much food. We ate a baby pig at a member’s house that was good.. But man the members have fed us so much this week its crazy.!!! but the fireworks were ok but not too much. Anyway I don’t have much to say other than I’m not sure what to expect with the new comp or how things will go the first week. But I know it will all be good. But I know the church is true!! I love you all, thanks so much for the pics. Everyone looks great!!! But where’s the snow?????? Ha-ha but until next week. Love you! -Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment