Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Companion

So last week I forgot to tell you that we had transfers coming up and with that said there was some changes. I wasn’t too worried because I thought we would both would stay because it was going really well here and we were doing awesome. But my comp was transferred out of the area.  :0 And now I have a new companion but it was really sad to say good-bye to Elder Roberts he was an awesome missionary and I learned a lot with him. I also felt like when we talked about Rexburg I was talking to someone who actually knew what I was talking about. Elder Roberts said last week the finished the new swimming pool that’s new news because it wasn’t even started when I left. But he was a good friend and a comp. I told him that I’ll be there at his home coming talk, and sitting next to me in the chair my unknown future wife..... lol jk (I was messing with him)
Anyway I have a new companion his name, Elder Da Silva from the North of Brazil in a city called Recife. He’s another young Missionary with 3 months in the mission and is still learning. (this is his 2nd area) so it should be interesting once again. Like always I haven’t got to know him yet so that’s about all I know about him. 
So another thing is the work is still moving forward with a lot of progress. We have 2 baptisms marked for this Sunday and I praying for them to work out we’re so close with these two different investigators. But the weather has held out for us which is a blessing. A few weeks ago I saw first hand a blessing that the lord gave one of our investigators. She was having a hard time finding work for a long time and I promised her that if she went to church 2 times the lord will open up a work and it will provide for her family. Well she went to church the 2 times and sure enough the Lord fulfilled the promise we made with her. She had 2 different jobs call her up and she was able to choose the one she wanted. It was such a cool experience. 
Also these past weeks I have been reading in my first journal form the beginning of my mission. It’s been so cool to see the experiences and the growth I have made. I can truly say it’s already helped me in this day the things I wrote at the beginning of the mission so Jake write in a journal. 
I’m 98% sure that I will buy in of those dirt bikes/ road bikes with signals. I see ppl cruising around all over here it was a bike that I can take in the mountains and then on the road so I’m just letting you guys know in advance. I’m sorry to hear about the well problems. I’m sure that’s been a pain in the neck and it hasn’t been easy with that and the kids running around, but let’s look at the bright side I’m sure the grass is green in that spot.... :) There won’t be that dry spot there this year. jk its a serious problem but I know that everything will work out for you guys with that problem. 
 Before I go, good luck to Jake and his talk. I know you will do good, just write it now and not on the last day it will save stress. But I’ll be there in spirit.
Everyone have a good week be safe, happy, and kind to others. I know this church is true and that we are together forever!!! 

Love, Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment