Monday, August 8, 2011

Moving Fast


From:
Sent:
Wed 8/03/11 12:29 PM
To:


This week passed by a lot faster than it should have. I don’t really remember where the time went, but it’s been an awesome week from all the events. But most of the time I was thinking about Jake and you guys at this moment. I must say thought it will be awesome for him and the blessings will pour out in abundance for him and for your guys. Just remember to send little letters often for him he will enjoy every one of them and it’s like the best thing to get while you’re in the MTC.
I must say things are defiantly moving fast for me here in the mission. Friday we had a mission conference and I was able to talk to a few ppl. 1st I saw Elder Youngberg and we had a great talk, then Elder Oliveira showed up and gave me some awesome news about Lapa. He said one week after I left they baptized a girl that we were teaching... It made me so happy to hear that kind of a satisfaction that I was able to be a part of that. Also to here that Rryilda was still going to church, them when walking down the hall I saw a member from my first area. After talking to him for a while I asked him if the people I baptized were still going to church and he told me ALL are firm in the church and that Antonio will receive the Melchizedek Priesthood in two weeks and that the young adults are still on the right path and going to church every week. After we finished talking to him I was truly happy knowing that everyone was still firm in the church. I also realized just a little bit of my purpose here in the mission. The work I’m doing and the opportunity of sharing this gospel with others, It was such an awesome day to here all that.
The work is still going good here. My district is also working really hard. The sisters in their area were having some difficulty teaching but now it’s all good and there doing awesome. In our area we are being blessed. Last week we had an investigator walk in the church and said she would like to be a sister missionary. We left her with the 1st lesson after church was done and then we marked a baptism date with her. She was so excited and said she would absolutely be baptized. Then the ward had a party this week too called `´fiesta junina`` and when we showed up she was there waiting for us it was awesome. I never have seen someone with such a desire
to be baptized. She stopped drinking coffee on the spot and said she knows the BOM is true so she defiantly is an elect.
Anyways it rained for about 4 days straight here and the city literally was flooded. and also our house. I took some pics and will send them your way but it was crazy a lot of little mud slides, flooded houses, and everything.
About an hour ago we watched a helicopter land in the street because a motor bike smashed into the bus it wasn’t pretty.  Anyways I’m doing fine It’s stopped raining but it’s really cold. We stilled played soccer though this morning. I just want you guys to know that I love you all! I have really prayed a lot for each and every one of you this week. I just want to say that I know this church is true. I know Jake will be in good hands and safe also you guys will too. Keep praying and holding on to the iron rod with all your might. Until next week. Love, -Josh

P.S. I guess I’m not the only Elder Hope now so I hope the church doesn’t give all my money to Jake every 15 days ha-ha that would be good for him bad for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment