Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Never give up!

Well this week has been full of emotions. Let me start off by telling about the baptism we lost before I talk about anything else. My comp and I were positive we were going to have a baptism for this 8 year old girl. Her older brother and grandmother are members and so we were teaching her with them. Well Friday can around and we went over to do the interview for her. That’s when the grand mother told us she didn’t want her to be baptized and she needed to wait. The grandma told the little girl that she needed to be older so she knew what she is doing and stuff like that. And that she needed to be taught for a longer time. When we showed up at her house and she told us we were very disappointed. She swiped our baptism right from us. The grandma was converted about 4 years ago and was very evangelic. And she holds to their ways a little, but you would think that a member would want what’s best and really push her for baptism because it’s such a good thing. But this lady thinks different. Anyways were not teaching the girl with the grandma anymore just her 16 year old brother and he wants her to be baptized so that’s good. Anyway really quick, Monday night I had an awesome experience, but let me tell you about the day. This whole week it’s been nothing but rain so Monday after lunch we were quickly walking and it wasn’t long before our shoes were totally wet matter of fact 45 min is all it took (haha) anyways it started to turn into a rough day all of our plans kept falling through; we were wet, tired and cold because the wind picked up we tried to knock some doors with no luck. (by the way I was on a division with my leader) But we did have a family night marked at 7 pm. so at 6:15 we began our 45 min walk there by the time we were there the member let us in. He said they couldn’t get us someone to teach, but then the member called us in for some snacks had some snacks and then the Elder leaned over and asked if the girl that was in the other room was a member. I Told him I have never seen her at church and so I asked the member he said no, so after the snack we attempted to teach her. she accepted and we asked her if she has ever been taught. To our surprise she said no. and she has lived with the family her whole life. So this girl who was not dressed very well and who was probably freezing because the lack of clothes she was missing. So we began teaching. at first she had a smart attitude and after a few questions the Elder with me must have made her felt dumb because we taught the same thing 2 times before she started listening. Then after we got done teaching about the first vision she began crying. We were talking about how Christ loves everyone and how he will help us if we let him. she continued to cry for the rest of the lesson about 15 more min. and when her mom walked by she was balling up a storm. The the spirit was so strong. We gave her a BOM and she repeated a prayer that was said. Now this story might not sound like much and probably doesn’t make since. but that night I and my district leader learned something! That God does love all his children. She probably has a rough history with her family and things that she shouldn’t be doing but she felt the spirit that night I know because I could she it in her and this lesson for the both of us came at the end of the day. When we were cold, wet, and tired and it showed us both to never give up early for the day no matter what. Now I don’t know what that girl will do or even if she will let us teach her again but it taught me something that night.
. But everyone I’m doing awesome! I’m happy and I hope you guys are too if I can make it thought the holidays alive I will be able to make it though the mission hahaha, but everyone I love you! have a good week. -Josh


No comments:

Post a Comment