Thursday, March 17, 2011

Elder Rocha

Well there have been more changes once again. Today I received a new comp. Elder Rocha from the northern part of Brazil. I wasn't surprised that E. Pires was transferred, because he’s been here for a while. But I really wanted to stay with him. I learned so much with him and he pulled his weight in the work. (There was no pushing to get things moving) But I'm not sure if I'm really ready to take this area over. This last transfer was the shortest transfer of the year with 5 weeks.  I was cut short on learning this area a little and am still trying to figure out which way is up at times so that's my biggest worry here. My new comp has only 3 more months left in the mission  so if he’s as good as he says he is, we should be able to get some new things started here like he wants to.. SO we will see if he can walk the walk and talk the talk. (or how ever that phrase is...) But he seems ok so far, this should really help my language out even more. I’m now the only American in my district and there is only one other in my zone.
But things are somewhat good. The other night we were talking to a member in the street and I was watching some drug dealer’s right across the street, man it was really crazy on how this guy was working. Within 10 min he made around 7 sells or more. He had a huge roll of cash he was flipping around and every time a girl walked by he began counting it. I really wanted to film it somehow for Dad to see because it was so crazy that I saw that many sells right in the front of my face. Usually you see one or two, but this guy was selling it like it was going out of style. But I’m also excited to here where Jake is going to go. It seems like yesterday that I remember all of those feelings of anticipation and waiting it to arrive in the mail. But I know where ever he goes that it’s because he needs to be there and that he will really enjoy it.
I’m glad you’re finally getting sun up there in America and the snow is going away. It seems like it’s been around for a while now... As for the rain it’s been raining off and on. We haven't been hit hard with the rain here in Lapa, but enough to make it miserable. Other areas in Curitiba have gotten it pretty bad with some flooding and landslides but it’s sunny today and really feels hot to me. It’s kind of been hot theses last few days too so it’s not quite winter for us. As for the stuff happening in Japan, It’s really sad. I have heard a little about what’s going on and from the pictures in the news papers in the super markets and it looks pretty bad. Sunday a member or two was telling everyone to repent now because it’s the end of the world stuff it was a little extreme I thought. But yes with the nuke plant blowing up and the earth quakes happening it’s really sad. But It’s good to know were doing what’s right and to know gods plan and his warning signs.
But I know this church is true and that we will all be safe if we continue to hold to the rod and stand strong in what we believe in. I love you all and hope that all of you are doing well and are staying healthy. I’m continually praying for each and every one of you. And I thank you all for your prayers and support. This next few week I will be adjusting once again to another comp, but I’m sure I will learn something really important. I love you all. Stay strong and say your prayers.  “Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened”  I’m really forgetting stuff in English. and it not funny.
With Love, -Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment