Wednesday, October 5, 2011

That’s sweet Jake was able to leave to get into Mexico Monday.!!! I’m really excited about the good news. And that Jeff was able to get to see him and you guys were able to talk to him. I’m sure it was a sweet moment for him and for you guys to talk to him before he flew out. But I’m sure he’s doing great, a little lost, but I know he’s safe. I’m also very comforted to know that dads surgery went well. I had these two things on my mind all week anyways so it was a very cool week with conference going on. I must say that it was very good like always the talks were very uplifting. I too liked the story of the boy from Idaho who baptized only the one guy not knowing the blessing he gave the family until years down the road, another talk I liked was of Elder Holland’s in priesthood. It was about missionaries and the importances of going. I must say I too was shocked to hear about the temple in Star Valley, Wy ha-ha and the comment President Monson said. ``Ì really wanted to dedicate that temple``  it was awesome as always I learned a ton from the talks. 
As for our week now, we were not able to baptize this week, but was so close. Ana passed her baptism interview but said she wasn’t quite ready to be baptized. So were working so hard to get her into the water this week so far she’s reading and praying every night about the BOM and she´s happy. So things are going good with that. We also have 3 other ppl we are really working with to help them out this week also. Marcos is another person who is lined up to be baptized this week end. Were running around like crazy to help these ppl out, and keep in contact with them. It’s something very important that we see and talk to them every day this week so devil can’t tempt them. Also this next week we will have transfers. I’m not too happy because I know I will probably have to leave and say goodbye to ppl. I’m praying that I stay but the lord knows where he wants me to go and if it’s to leave or to stay, then I’m in agreement with the decision. There was a talk in conference about this that the lord calls us to areas and gives us companions so that after the mission, we will be better ppl from the ppl we meet and teach and this helps us be better parents. But I would really like to stay in the area. My comp said to me the other day that he wants to stay one more transfer with me. ha-ha I about fell over when I heard that it kind of shocked me that he said that. But it’s cool. 
This week I was also interviewed by President and it was very good. Our conversations are so cool. He told me something really cool that I never heard before. That the Book of Mormon was translated in only 75 days, that’s pretty fast! (We have the goal as a mission to read the BOM in 95 days, or before the new year.)  I’m going all out and reading the BOM in Portuguese and English at the same time before the New Year. Mornings I read in Portuguese and before bed in English. It’s pretty cool. 
As for my scary story, know that I’m safe and that it wasn’t written to freak you guys out. But it’s something scary for sure. (I laugh now because I almost crapped my pants when it happened) It was also very nice to hear that everyone is doing well. Grandma, Jim and Ross and jean, I’m so glad everyone is doing well. Be sure to forward Jakes letters to me when you get them.   I didn’t hear anything from him so I have no idea what he’s doing. But I love you guys a lot. I know that jakes going to be alright. Send him lots of letters to help him out. When you have his address immediately send it to me so I can get a few pics to him.  But I love you all. Be safe and pray always! 
-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment