Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hey everyone what’s up? Sounds like it’s starting to freeze in Idaho and at the same time I’m turning into a baked Cookie. (But I’m getting a little brown on the outside. I need to be pulled out of the oven pretty soon) ha-ha. Anyway it’s been like 26 days since the last time it rained and so it’s pretty dry here. I feel like I walk in flour at times. Reminds me a lot of the times when I worked for Jody and we did some house foundations in the dirt that was fluffy like flour. I can still see my foot sink in the powder walking with a form. Anyway a lot has happened this week. I’m must say it was a difficult week in the work aspect and things were not in our favor really. But this week is a whole new week so I happy with that. Yesterday I had a leadership meeting that was really cool. Learned a lot from pres and sister cordon. I really like these meetings because pres cordon is a little more chill and plays around to make things fun. But in a way to remind us that (having fun is part of the work.) President Cordon
But I finally got everyone’s letters and so I’ll respond to them and get them sent off when I can. Also before I forget, start planning out things with Jake to know when he will call home. I will most likely use Skype this time because a member has a laptop and I’m pretty free on when I can do that. So just say a time and I’ll plan around that. But tell Jake to choose a time when it’s good for him. He gets first choice because it’s his first time and so I’ll work around him. Also start thinking of questions and writing them down on a paper so when we do talk we talk use our time wisely. (Ill do the same) Also I was a little disappointed today when I went to go pull out $$ from my account. Turns out my card expired and well I’m left without money to get some things I want. I wanted to get a handmade hammock that is really pretty but I’m out of money and now I have no way too pull my own money out so were going to have to do something to fix that. I also can’t send Jake his Christmas present I bought him because I have no money.
Jc said you got my present so that’s really good. It was cheap but cool and so I got it for you guys. I sent my books home and I hope they made it too because it has important stuff also so let me know when you get that. pls.
Now for my past few days. Well THEY ARE BACK. and I’m talking about the fleas..... Man Thursday night we discovered the problem when I found that I had one on my shirt. Then the next night we spent a lot of time trying to kill the ones on our beds before sleeping. Man it’s so hard to kill one. Stepping on them doesn’t work and you have to cut them in half with your fingernail. We also haven’t slept very well because of that. Yesterday we finally got some stuff to kill them and we had a better nights rest so that’s one of the problems we are having... also a good note now is that the fireflies are back too and they are sweet to see. I wish they would show up in pictures because there are so many here
This Sunday was also interesting also because in elder’s quorum they were explaining on how to give a health blessing. Well during the practice they started saying that women could also be a part of giving a blessing and stand in the circle when the man gives a blessing. Now I don’t speak up too much unless have too or need too and I’m usually pretty quiet in that class but when I heard that I about fell off the chair and had to stop that false doctrine out fast, about 8 ppl were agreeing that women could do that. So in a nicely manner I told them how the church was founded and showed them a scripture in D&C that stopped that idea. Kind of crazy if you ask me......... Wow so ya that was the big apostasy this week. They always have little stuff but I forget to tell about them.
Oh and now in our mission all the missionaries will receive small portable DVD player. I was one of the first to receive. But I not sure if I like the whole idea of the DVD players. They come with DVD of training videos but still it’s going to be a huge temptation for a slacker missionary to put a movie in a watch it. But the DVD player can be used in a very good way. Well I’m out of time. I don’t have any pic to send home because I sent my card home. So I love you all. Be safe wherever you all and start asking Jake when he will call home. Love you, -Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment