Tuesday, January 31, 2012

So what a dang cool week!!! Man ill just jump into the good part about the week. Friday was probably one of the coolest mission conferences so far in my mission. Like I said Elder Ballard and Elder Anderson came to talk to us. Elder Anderson gave a supper good talk in Portuguese mixed with a little with Spanish. But it was really cool because he taught in such a simple way and yet the sprit was supper strong. He talked a lot about the atonement of Christ and how we need to help others understand it. He then talked a little about the Plan of Salvation with a supper strong testimony about the ppl who die and how they sure do live and live so close to us. Kind of brought it to real for me. Elder Ballard Talked for a long time to use. He talked about how we should always do what Christ would do or say. He taught us the importance of the young men in the mission and how important young men have been in the scriptures. From David and Goliath, to Joseph Smith and the missionaries of the church. He explained the trust the lord has in us and in us helping others. He explained that the lord ALWAYS turns to young men to bring great things to pass. Elder Ballard was also very funny and told some funny stories. To me I realized that they truly are men of God who are such good examples. They really are ppl like us with lives. That’s one thing that most elders were saying after they left. But it was so cool to see them sit next to their wives and see the happiness in their lives. Anyway it was a supper good day on Friday and I have a ton of notes and I wish I could share everything with you guys but I just can’t.
This Sunday we also saw a huge difference in the ward. Everyone was happy! I think it’s because for the first time the ward actually had enough ppl to fill a van up and go to the temple. Right before sacrament meeting a random family walked into the chapel, It is a huge blessing for us so were going to work really hard with them. Also today for p-day the zone got together and studied together and the Zone leaders gave a lesson on ´having confidence with our comp.´ well they also had an activity which went good for the most part and it went like this. The Zone was all in one room. They went and hid a couple of things though out the church and came back. Then one at a time one set of elders would have to find those things. But one of the elders had to be blind-folded and the other explains where to go. They also said that it would be timed and the fastest would get some candy. Anyway all of the other elders went first and found all the stuff in 12 min or so. Well I was a little nervous because my comp still doesn’t speak or understand very well. But I told him we would win. So E. Allen put the blind fold on first and I started to guide him and man I was running around like crazy trying to find the things then guiding him to the object. It was hard because I couldn’t speak English to him but he figured out that it was easy to just follow my voice. Anyway there’s a part in the race were we switch and I put the blind on and he started guiding me. It was supper hard because he didn’t really know what to say but I followed his voice. Anyway at one point we were going to win and he told me to start running in a straight line. (running with a blind fold isn’t a good idea, but I wanted to win!!!) SO trusting in him I began to run and at this point the whole zone was watching me and saying to run so I actually started running. Well in this hall there was a huge flower pot and while running I kind of went off course and ran right over this pot like I was playing football. I was totally trusting in my comp to tell me to stop if I was going to hit something but he never said to stop so I hit it. Neither did the other 10 elders....... anyways long story short, trusting in my comp, he let me run into this pot and I broke it. When I asked him why he didn’t say anything he said he didn’t know the word in Portuguese. Then the other elders told him he should have at least said it in English. But any who I broke the thing because my comp let me run into it, good thing is I won’t have to pay for it but it was pretty crazy.
But my week has been good. Jake sounds like a stud baptizing like an animal which is way cool. I’m so glad for his success. But I love you all. Be careful! Love. -Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment